Monday, January 31, 2011

Petite Sirloin Steak

January 31, 2011...we often will buy a petite sirloin for two reasons, save on money and save on calories. They are not quite as tasty as the new york strip...but still good.

When it comes to prepping out steaks, we are minimalist. We only put kosher salt and ground pepper on our steaks. It lets the taste of the meat really shine through. I made the mistake back in college and the early days of grilling. I had it in my mind that more = better. DEFINITELY not the case with steaks!

That cut that's on my plate was 10 ounces. We actually split that in two so we each had 5 ounces, a half of a good sized baked potato, and some oven roasted asparagus (olive oil, salt, and pepper). I grilled another steak that we will slice up and have tomorrow or the next day for lunch as a steak and cheese sammich.

No comments:

Post a Comment