Thursday, January 13, 2011

Grilled Chicken Thighs

January 13, 2011...grilling masterpiece!

Top 3 meals that we cook...possibly number 1!! That's serious business right there. It is so much a part of us that I decided to take some pictures while I was grilling and turn it into the banner at the top. I did that because if you came over to have dinner with us, chances are we will probably serve you this meal.

I have to give my mom a lot of credit for this meal. One time she suggested we give the boneless skinless chicken thighs a chance. I grilled them up that first time and never turned back. I have refined the spices and technique over the year until we got to this. I'll walk you through how I make the chicken.

This afternoon, I bought one package (about 2.5 pounds) of the boneless skinless chicken thighs. I season them with kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, and your generic grilled chicken blend (like Mrs. Dash).

Season both sides.

Grilling for me is by feel. The chicken takes about a total of 15 minutes. I turn the chicken every 3 minutes or so...starting them in a ring around the hottest part of the charcoal and manipulating them so that they are all cooked evenly.

The trick for the BBQ sauce is to put it on the top about the time the chicken is ready to come off. After about 2 minutes, flip the chicken so the brushed side is down and then coat the top. Only leave them on for another minute and take them off. That will give a good glaze on the chicken without charring it.

Served with half a baked potato and cooked carrots (Lisa puts just a touch of honey on the carrots).

There it is! One of the best dinners we have to offer. Go buy yourself some thighs and give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment