Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new blog

In 2011, I wanted to try a new blog. I decided that I wanted to share our culinary experiences. My goal is to share all 365 dinners! I realize that is going to be very difficult to maintain but I want to give it a try.

Lisa and I used to eat very poorly. After we got married, we took the easy road and ate out a lot. When we did eat at home, it was very simple dinners...you know, Mac-N-Cheese, hot dogs, spaghetti. We started doing better over time but it wasn't until we had twin girls 3 years ago that we made a commitment to planning our meals every week. Now, once a week we sit down and plan out the menu for the next 7 days. It makes everything so much easier. We save money by not eating out and we have much healthier and well balanced meals.

We still have our off nights when we order in, enjoy our favorite pizza, or one of our favorites, "brats and tots" night. I work rotating shift work so when I'm on the swing shift, we have to get creative so I can take dinner with me.

So I hope to share lots of photos, recipes, and all of the trials and errors that come along with something we all ask every night..."what's for dinner?"

Lisa and I are making our list right now for the first week of 2011. Come back and see what we're cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment