Saturday, January 8, 2011

Grilled Steak and Asparagus Salad

January 8, 2011...First meal on the grill of 2011!!

Well, it's been over a week so it's time to go public with my new blog. My initial experiment seems to be panning out so if you're viewing this for the first time, welcome!

Tonight at the Brown household, we made a Grilled Steak and Asparagus Salad. It's from the Weight Watchers book "101 Best Quick and Easy Recipes". First ingredient, a gorgeous flank steak.

After just one flip, it was looking soooo good.

Time to get the veggies on the grill.

Don't ask me about how long it takes or what temperature I have the grill at because I don't know. I've been doing this long enough that it's all by feel. It's all about the look and feel of the steak.


While I was grilling and chopping, Lisa mixed up the dressing which consists of red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Throw it all together and it's heaven!


You won't believe it, but it was only 240 calories!! First time I've said this in 2011.... nom nom nom nom nom nom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment